St Claudine Thévenet School

(04) 939 9189 office@stclaudine.school.nz 14 Rata St, Wainuiomata, Lower Hutt 5014

Karen Kirkland

My name is Karen Kirkland and I have been a member of the board since 2014 and I am the current Chairperson.  I am a Chartered Accountant and have one child Jonathan who currently attends St Claudine’s.  I am looking forward to leading a committed and proactive Board that works in partnership with our Principal to ensure the most successful outcomes for our school.

Joanne Fenika

Talofa Lava, my name is Joanne Fenika and I currently have two children at St Claudine. This is my first year on the Board of Trustees and I look forward to the challenges that lay ahead in achieving the best results and opportunities for our students and their education.  Working with the young people who come in and out of prison for the last 12 years are often neglected and due to this they turn to a life of crime.  That is why it is important to change their minds at a young age which makes me passionate about my role on the Board of Trustees.

Sarah Ricketts

I was born and raised in Wainuiomata and have three girls that attend St Claudine's; Ava, Irelyn and Grace. I have been a member of the board since 2013, serving as a Proprietor's representative and I enjoy working with the other board members and our principal to help ensure St Claudine's is a strong, vibrant and safe place for our students.

Amy Kamo

My name is Amy Kamo and my husband Arapeta and I have three children at the school (Jayda, Naera and Lily).  I have been a member of the board since May 2013 and have really enjoyed being part of a successful school.  My role on the board is the proprietor’s rep, which means I aim to help ensure the catholic character of the school is upheld.  I am currently starting a new career as an early childhood teacher after spending fourteen years in a medical laboratory.

Tony Harrington

Tony is married to Melanie with two young children. Their eldest child Augustine started in 2016.  For the past 15 years he has worked in commercial insurance and has volunteered for a number of organisations since 2001.  He is part of the formation team for RCIA (Rite Christian Initiation Adults) for our Parish of Te Wairua Tapu.  His role on the board is the Proprietor’s Appointee.  This is a role where he is tasked with helping to nurture the Catholic Character of the School as well as foster its relationship with our Parish community.

Jamie Casley

Jamie Casley has been teaching at St. Claudine since 2009 in the role of literacy intervention teacher after moving to New Zealand from the United States. She previously taught as a high school English teacher in New York. She has two children at the school currently.

Mike Fryer

My name is Mike Fryer.  I have two children Amy & Jayden at St Claudine's and my wife works as a teacher aide at the school. I am a member at the local squash club and my hobbies include Squash, Rugby, Cricket, Scuba Diving.  I own & operate Chillzone Air Conditioning & Refrigeration.

Victoria Seupule-Mose

Hi my name is Victoria Seupule-Mose. I am a full time mother of 5 children Genesis, Noah, Zion, Aaliyah & Rialani whom 3 currently attend St Claudine's. I look forward to supporting the school in anyway possible.

Keri-Anne Brown

Tena koe, I am Keri-Anne Brown and I am excited to be a part of the Board of Trustees.  I am mum to two children and currently work in the local MP’s office and have experience in community development and social services. I worked many years with Ministry of Social Development in Wellington and managing non-government organisations. I am passionate about our school and our fantastic community.

Liz Tanoai

Raised as a catholic, I love the faith and values of the Catholic Church and encourage my children to love and follow their catholic faith too.  I have three children at St Claudine's; Lordes, TJ and Victoria.  I am looking forward to working alongside the other board members and helping out in any way I can as we progress forward for our school community.

Sue Jury (Principal)

My name is Sue Jury. I have worked in catholic education in Wainuiomata since 1990. I have been deputy principal at St Matthews, principal at St Patricks and the the foundation principal of St Claudine Thevenet. I am so privileged to lead such a wonderful school and enjoy working with our Board of Trustees to ensure students are provided with many opportunities to experience success.