St Claudine Thévenet School

(04) 939 9189 office@stclaudine.school.nz 14 Rata St, Wainuiomata, Lower Hutt 5014

Karen Kirkland

My name is Karen Kirkland and I have been a member of the board since 2014.  I am a Chartered Accountant and have one child Jonathan who currently attends St. Bernard’s.  I am looking forward to being part of a proactive Board that works in partnership with our Principal to ensure the most successful outcomes for our school.

Joanne Fenika

Talofa Lava, my name is Joanne Fenika and I currently have two children at St Claudine. This is my first year on the Board of Trustees and I look forward to the challenges that lay ahead in achieving the best results and opportunities for our students and their education.  Working with the young people who come in and out of prison for the last 12 years are often neglected and due to this they turn to a life of crime.  That is why it is important to change their minds at a young age which makes me passionate about my role on the Board of Trustees.

Sarah Ricketts

I was born and raised in Wainuiomata and have three girls that attend St Claudine's; Ava, Irelyn and Grace. I have been a member of the board since 2013, serving as a Proprietor's representative and I enjoy working with the other board members and our principal to help ensure St Claudine's is a strong, vibrant and safe place for our students.

Amy Kamo

My name is Amy Kamo and my husband Arapeta and I have three children at the school (Jayda, Naera and Lily).  I have been a member of the board since May 2013 and have really enjoyed being part of a successful school.  My role on the board is the proprietor’s rep, which means I aim to help ensure the catholic character of the school is upheld.  I am currently starting a new career as an early childhood teacher after spending fourteen years in a medical laboratory.

Tony Harrington

My name is Tony and I am the current Chairperson of the Board. I am married to Melanie and we have two children, Analia who is two years old and Augustine in year 2 at St Claudine. I have an extensive background in commercial insurance but am currently volunteering with Playcentre that I attend with Analia. I also serve in Ministry within the Parish and am completing a Christian Ministry qualification. I enjoy many outdoor type activities and am an experienced and qualified diver. I am looking forward to serving and leading a Board that is knowledgeable about its responsibilities as Trustees and is passionate about its partnership with our Principal and school community.

Jamie Casley

Jamie Casley has been teaching at St. Claudine since 2009 in the role of literacy intervention teacher after moving to New Zealand from the United States. She previously taught as a high school English teacher in New York. She has two children at the school currently.

Mike Fryer

My name is Mike Fryer.  I have two children Amy & Jayden at St Claudine's and my wife works as a teacher aide at the school. I am a member at the local squash club and my hobbies include Squash, Rugby, Cricket, Scuba Diving.  I own & operate Chillzone Air Conditioning & Refrigeration.

Victoria Seupule-Mose

Hi my name is Victoria Seupule-Mose. I am a full time mother of 5 children Genesis, Noah, Zion, Aaliyah & Rialani whom 3 currently attend St Claudine's. I look forward to supporting the school in anyway possible.

Arlene Santillan

Hi, my name is Arlene Santillan. My husband is Aris and mum to Angelo & Aaron who are currently attending St. Claudine. I am excited to be part of the Board of Trustees.  Being a member is a great opportunity to be involved in school and in our children's education.  I am hoping to contribute some new ideas and perspective to the board.  I look forward to working with you!

Tara Kumar

My name is Tara Kumar, my husband Jay and I have 3 children whom all attend St Claudine Thevenet.  Our family is a typical busy bee family,all our children are involved in many sports across the Valley and the Hutt. I come from a Hairdressing trade and am currently working at Swim City both teaching and co-coordinating instructors with the many schools across the Hutt Valley that come through for lessons, alongside this Jay and I own and operate TJ Plumbgas. This is my first year as a member of the Board and look forward to actively supporting the school. I am passionate about providing children with as many opportunities to grow as possible. I look forward to seeing you in and around our school and community.

Sue Jury (Principal)

My name is Sue Jury. I have worked in catholic education in Wainuiomata since 1990. I have been deputy principal at St Matthews, principal at St Patricks and the the foundation principal of St Claudine Thevenet. I am so privileged to lead such a wonderful school and enjoy working with our Board of Trustees to ensure students are provided with many opportunities to experience success.

Sadat Muiava 

Tālofa lava. My wife Shana and I have three children at St. Claudines; Katie, Fa‘aū‘uga and Mālia. My background is in Pacific and Samoan Studies, where I am currently a PhD candidate and lecturer at Victoria University of Wellington. Being on the Board is a privilege because it offers me the opportunity to be part of a communal dialogue which values the educational progress and success of not only our own children, but that of the wider St. Claudines family. I was baptised in the Samoan Catholic Church and am a deacon of the Samoan Congregational denomination.